The ultimate solution for manhole security
The Stabiloc™ Manhole Security System delivers a safe, affordable solution to security professionals and infrastructure operators. Our patented device is matched to the existing manhole cover with minor modification, keeping costs down for infrastructure managers and operators by eliminating the risk of theft and unauthorized access.
Stabiloc™ significantly reduces liability to governments and utility providers, allowing only access by authorized and properly trained personnel with the right tools. This revolutionary locking system can be installed in virtually any existing manhole cover; new or old, which greatly reduces the cost of retrofitting an existing utility system. Stabiloc™ does not collect water and requires no centering or indexing, making it field-friendly for workers and technicians.
- Lock flange is flush with manhole cover surface; there is no additional vertical protrusion
- High tensile strength anchor bolt
- Withstands over 12,000 lbs of lifting force without yield
- Made from high-strength ductile iron castings which receive an ArmorGalv zinc-gas coating, 6 mils thick, which is a superior rust protectant and warranties the product against failure due to corrosion.
- Most cost effective solution – eliminates costly, time consuming, welding / grinding removal techniques
- Maintenance-free design
- Eliminates need to budget for stolen manhole covers
- Customizable lock
- Customer-exclusive bolt head/socket available
- Requirement for centering and indexing cover is eliminated in most cases
- Manhole cover is stabilized, leveled within its frame
- Easy to handle – weighs less than 3 pounds
- One-person installation in less than five minutes
- Can be removed at any time for clear access in under three minutes
How it works
The unique design of Stabiloc™ user-friendly assembly allows the Stabiloc™ lock to be inserted vertically into a receiver, which has been retrofitted into the manhole cover. This process orients the Stabiloc™ lever arm parallel with a vertical wall of the manhole cover frame.
The lever arm detent is tandem spring biased against a tab on the lock body. Depressing the bolt head into the lock body extends tandem springs anchored to both the lock body and lever arm. This action releases the lever arm detent from the lock body tab, and rotates the lever arm into a near horizontal position for tightening into its receiver.
When installed, the Stabiloc™ is flush with the manhole cover surface.
When the anchor bolt is tightened, the Stabiloc™ receiver forces the lever arm to rotate into locked position, and a powerful clamping force is exerted upon an adjacent wall of the manhole frame. This locks the manhole cover securely in position.
Ready to find out how Stabiloc™ can secure your infrastructure? Contact us.